CPD Dynamics Ltd
A brief syllabus for the CPD short course
Email: email@example.com for a more detailed syllabus.
- Vibration Overview - SHM; complex vibrations; acceleration, velocity and displacement;
rms, peak and sigma; mass, stiffness and damping; critical damping; resonance and Q; degrees of freedom; relative & phase response.
- Measurement Techniques
- accelerometer types; voltage & charge amplifiers; integral electronics and TEDS; sensitivity; frequency response; dynamic range; linearity; attachment; cables;
triboelectric and pyro-electric effects.
- Sine and Random Signals
- signal classification; sine, random and shock; mean, peak and r.m.s. values; transient signals; real vibration environments; simulation of vibration signals;
time and frequency domains.
- Electromagnetic Vibration Generators
- design, construction and operation; suspension systems; moving table and coil assemblies; thrust rating; dynamic response; power supply requirements;
performance limits; cooling.
- Vibrator Power Supplies
- typical test programme; amplifier specification; cooling.
- Control Systems
- sine control; sine sweep tests; tracking filters; servo speed; multi-level sine testing; averaging; "greater-than" control; resonance dwell; random vibration testing;
control strategies; loop checks.
- Fixtures - design features; force transmission; steel, aluminium and magnesium alloys; sandwich constructions;
cast, welded and bonded structures; bolts and set screws; cross axis motion; slip tables; head expanders.
- sampling rates; frequency resolution; FFT and the psd; g2/Hz; leakage and windowing; frequency response functions; coherence function; pitfalls in testing.
- Specifications - MIL STD 810, Def Stan 0035; test specifications; test tailoring; environmental test instruction.